MEALS SOLD OUT - BOOK TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE
MEET CHEF VIVIAN HOWARD
Deep Run Roots is Vivian Howard’s comprehensive record of modern Southern cooking, filled with stories and more than 200 recipes that celebrate the flavors of her eastern North Carolina home.
Featuring Vivian’s favorite simple family dishes, memorable meals from her award-winning restaurant, and time-honored traditional preparations, this cookbook is a culinary love letter to the region she has spent her life discovering—an ambitious, once-in-a-generation book that belongs on the shelf next to Edna Lewis’s The Taste of Country Cooking and The Art of Simple Food by Alice Waters.
Vivian Howard is the chef and owner of the acclaimed Chef and the Farmer restaurant in Kinston, NC, fifteen miles from her home of Deep Run. She trained under Wylie Dufresne and Sam Mason at WD-50 and was a member of the opening team at Jean-Georges Vongerichten’s Spice Market in New York. The first woman since Julia Child to win a Peabody Award for a cooking program, she co-created and stars in the PBS series A Chef’s Life.
THE EVENING AGENDA
Meet Chef Vivian Howard at Main Street Books! She's bringing her signature new food truck to Davidson for dinner & a book signing of Deep Run Roots: Recipes from My Corner of the South.
- 5:00 pm - WILL CALL OPENS: Ticketed guests may begin to pick up meal & book vouchers at will call.
- 5:30 pm Dinner will be served from Chef Howard's food truck outside the bookstore. Guests must use supper vouchers; no separate payment will be accepted at the food truck.
- 6:00- Chef Vivian Howard will share a few words about her cookbook from the Summit Coffee stage.
- 6:30 - Book signing will begin inside Main Street Books. Ticketed guests will redeem book vouchers for a copy of Deep Run Roots at the signing table. *Signing line positions will be assigned in the order that event tickets are purchased.
- Additional books will be available for sale & signing inside the bookstore, but signing line priority will go to ticket holders.
Free parking is available in a variety of parking lots in downtown Davidson. CLICK HERE FOR A MAP OF PARKING IN DOWNTOWN DAVIDSON.
TICKET PURCHASE DETAILS:
An ADMIT ONE ticket purchase includes one copy of DEEP RUN ROOTS + one supper + signing line priority*.
An ADMIT TWO ticket purchase includes one copy of DEEP RUN ROOTS + TWO suppers + signing line priority*.
A BOOK ONLY ticket includes one copy of DEEP RUN ROOTS + signing line priority*.
TICKETS PURCHASED ONLINE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT WILL CALL AT MAIN STREET BOOKS AT THE EVENT.
If you'd like a signed copy of DEEP RUN ROOTS by Vivian Howard, please call or visit the store on November 7th before or during her visit. Online purchase of a book ticket for the signing line is now closed. Book tickets for the event are available only in the store. 704-892-6841