We are delighted to turn the tables on perennial TV host D.G. Martin when he visits to talk about his newest book North Carolina Roadside Eateries: A Traveler's Guide to Local Restaurants, Diners, and Barbecue Joints.
Want to eat like the locals? D. G. Martin has spent years traveling the major roadways of North Carolina, on the lookout for community, local history, and, of course, a good home-cooked meal. Here D. G. is your personal tour guide to more than 100 notable local roadway haunts that serve not only as places to eat but also as fixtures of their communities.
· Features locally owned and time-tested community favorites
· Covers a range of food tastes from BBQ joints and country kitchens to Mexican restaurants and Greek diners
· Introduces diners to the restaurant owners and locals who make these places unique
· Includes current contact information, hours, directions
· Features nearby points of interest to explore after eating
This handy reference to good food just off North Carolina’s interstates should find a spot in every Tar Heel traveler’s glove compartment.
D. G. Martin is a newspaper columnist and the current host of UNC-TV’s North Carolina Bookwatch.